The invitation is to look, right now. Do not believe what anyone has told you; do not believe what you have read.
Everything depends on your dropping your beliefs about how the world is; you can always pick those beliefs up again, and looking at the heart of your own direct experience in this moment.
- Has there ever been a moment in your life when it was not now?
- Have you noticed that thoughts about the past and thoughts about the future always occur now?
- Can you find a doer, or does life just get done?
- Can you find the origin of a thought or a feeling, or do they arise full-blown, all on their own? And then, boom! they’re gone, just as abruptly as they arrived?
- Do you really have control, or occasionally–do events simply happen to turn out the way you wanted, and then your mind takes ownership?
© Amrita Skye Blaine, 2013
One thought on “the invitation”
Right on, Amrita!!! It’s just sometimes I forget to remember…thanks for reminding me!!
Much love to you, Arlene