A quick calculation tells me this body has been alive for 24,002 days, give or take. In that time, what have I discovered that is of real value?
This list is incomplete and in no particular order.
- Deep quiet reveals the void as full–potent, fecund, alive.
- Friendships based on truth are more precious than anything mined from the earth.
- The companionship of a dog remains one of the deeper mysteries.
- Although a necessary tool for navigating life, most thought is unreliable.
- Life simply unfolds. We think we have control because occasionally it works out as we want. Best to love what is.
© Skye Blaine, 2011